Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The first day

Here we are.  In Redmond, Or. and I feel like a fish in an empty bowl.  Our life in Northern New Mexico ended when the Doctor told us of Carolyns' disease. 

Our home of many years, our friends and our retirement plans were left behind and now we start a new and frightening chapter on our journey to the grave.  This journey begins with help from Carolyns sister but that help comes at the price of all our plans and dreams.  We will do this.  We will make this our home and will deal with whatever the disease demands of us.

I hope to  use this blog to detail the discoveries we make as we travel this new road in our new home.  I hope to give our impressions of the new things we see and the new friends we meet.  Most of all I hope most of this will not get too boring and  that some of you will find some of it entertaining. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Forrest . . I was here first! But . . when I tried to post, I found a problem with selecting a profile. I'm still trying to sort that out.
    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don Edwardo de Frijole. Welcome to my small space. Just another way to communicate with you, old friend.

    ReplyDelete