Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Challenge

I'm back from the surgery center and I brought my new club home with me.  If we go to war with the Chinese sometime in the next 10 days I'll beat them all by myself.  No army, regardless its' size, would be able to stand up to the club the good Doctor attached to my left arm.  It begins midway down my forearm, extends to the end of my palm and has a diameter large enough to conceal a softball.

The saber rattling and fear campaigns have started
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/8248996/US-will-respond-to-Chinese-military-build-up.html    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20027610-503543.html  http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/world/asia/09military.html
and by golly I stand at the ready.  Bring it on, I say. 

No matter we can't afford the two wars we are already losing  - lets start one with somebody our own size. With unemployment at record levels it makes good sense to send our youngsters out of the country where they stand a decent chance of not coming back and adding to that problem.  Not only that, beating the Chinese will keep us from having to pay back all the money we owe them.  Whoosh - the Federal deficit has disappeared.  Another good reason to take them out is to remove competition for the worlds' limited rescources.  Peak oil?  Never happen if the Chinamen are all gone. 

Here's the deal.  I'll fight this one all by myself and swing my new club with such might they will cower in fear and agree to continue providing us cheap goods forever.  They will promise to scrap every car in their land and use that scrap to make bicycles that they will ride for the next 100 years.  They'll continue to work and save then give us those savings - no more loans that must be paid back.  You folks in Washington will not have to quit bickering.  You will not have to face the hard choices that must be made and can continue to cater to your wealthiest campaign donors instead of work to save this nation from them.

But, the club comes off on the 24th of this month so you smooth talking, handsome, glad-handers  in Washington better get your act together.  This is a one time offer.

6 comments:

  1. Hmm. I see you must be enjoying the narcotics that came with the club? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I got a little carried away. One should never post while under the influence. I'll go stand in the corner for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On drugs, huh? That's the way I post _all_ the time.

    No wonder I never needed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, but Boomer, these were legally obtained to ease the pain in my arm. Instead they seem to have released the sarcastic demon that is usually buried deep within my brain. I quit taking the pills this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forrest, you're old now. (I'm getting there.) You may not think you're wise, but you're wiser than 95 percent of the folks deemed worthy to blather at us from the Toob about what we should think.

    My point is that it is the _duty_ of wise old people to be sarcastic from time to time to tweak the feckless young. Otherwise they'll really start to _believe_ they know everything, and then we're in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That, coming from one whos' opinions and perceptions I highly value, is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete