Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Debt Ceiling

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/20/us-usa-debt-fed-idUSTRE76J6IT20110720

What's the big deal with the debt ceiling?  Can't 'ol Uncle Ben just print up a few trillion more? 

A couple of years ago he busted a gut cranking the printin' press so all the bankers would have enough to pay themselves huge bonuses.  Most people don't know this, but here's how it happened.  Ben would pretend to be working really hard, long after quitting time.  Soon as all the other Fed workers in the building would go home for the day, Ben would sneak down to the basement and fire up the presses. 

Once he had a twelve foot high stack of ten thousand dollar bills he'd pull out his cell phone.  "Hey Lloyd....I got a little sumpin' for ya." 

"Great, Ben.  The jet needs some maintenance by the end of the month, and the boat's a little low on fuel. I'll sent Gary right over to pick up the present............ Oh yeah, don't let me forget - there'll be a spot for you over here soon as you finish in that basement."

Well, I'm not totally sure of the mechanics, it may have happened a little differently,  but I am sure Goldman Sucks got more billions from our treasury than we did.  All of us put together.  One thing we did get was the tab.  That's why we're so far in the hole now.  And, that's why all the conmen - OOPS - I meant congressmen - want to take away our health care and "fix" our Social Security.

It's OK for Ben to print up a bunch of money for Lloyd and all his buddies, but when you and I need to buy groceries we're told by our very own President "I can't guarantee there will be money for Social Security checks."

Mr. President, I have an idea.  Send ol' Ben back down to the basement.  Don't pay him overtime, he already gets plenty.   If nothing else, have Hank Paulson pony up the two hundred million worth of taxes he avoided paying by taking the job at treasury before Timid Timmy came along.  That should cover a bunch of SS checks.   

What a bunch of jerks.  I don't want to go to jail so I'll stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment