Friday, October 21, 2011

Right Now

To all of you who have expressed concern at my failure to post in the last two weeks, thank you.  We are OK here, but trying hard to adjust to some new symptoms of Carolyn's condition.  We are coping, and adapting.  She's is better at it than I am - I've taken to looking at sailing vessels.

It's an escape, dreaming of blue water, ya know?  And it's so much easier than being here right now.  If you've ever been alone on the open ocean in a small boat by yourself you'll understand.  I expect most of you will just scratch your head and then look up the phone number for the nearest bunch of guys with straight jackets who can jump to my rescue.

No big deal;  I've been crazy most of my life and have learned to deal with that quirk in interesting and useful ways.  It is Carolyn's condition that makes life in this house so scary that I run from it.  No matter, she is coping well and I try to help. 

I do not want this blog to turn into a "Woe is us" kind of thing so I've taken the easy way out.  I've stopped writing.  I'm full of tales but all of them are of interest to only the two of us and a wider audience would be quickly bored.

I write this short note because several good and decent people have written me privately, inquiring about our circumstances, and offering their best wishes and help.  Thank you.  All of you.  I did not know how many cared so much. 

I will continue the blog but for now am overwhelmed and instead of writing I am enjoying pictures of Morgan 50's and Beneteau 44's.  One other thing - I am being productive - seems I've lost the ability to tie most of the knots I learned so long ago.  I'm relearning them in preparation for the time they will again be useful.

3 comments:

  1. Some things are to write about and some are not. Maybe in a month, a year, five years, or never.

    There are those who seemingly can't wait to dash to the keyboard and post every single thing that's happened to them. You're not one of those, and neither am I. I think we're both the better for it.

    Do what you have to do to get through. I'll keep checking back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of you both - do what you have to do to keep you somewhat sane and remember we love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Forrest, I always check every night ... and it was so good to see a new post. You don't need to worry about "woe is me" -- that's not who you are. But please, oh please write about the boats you are looking at. I've heard of Morgans, but not the other one. But a Morgan 50? Wow, that's a lot of boat for one guy. Of course, if you're going to sail around the world, that would be a nice way to do it. You'd just need a bit of equipment on it. Have you been back to the local airport on a Thursday? Can you get a wee bit more time off, so you can not only shop for eggs that you manage to break, but also have some time (to yourself) to re-group and just breathe easy? It's ok to ask for a bit of help, you know. I'm wondering if you have snow now? I should have looked, but was so happy to be able to comment -- at last. On the dock in Bandon we talked to a couple from Idaho (near Salmon); he works in a mine; I can't pronouce the mineral; he called it "Molly." Anyway, they drove thru Bend to get to Bandon and said there was snow on the pass hear there. My last day, I met a lady on the beach. She was walking barefooted and had 3 beautiful Border Collies on red leashes. She owns a sheep ranch in Utah and said the dogs were actual "working" dogs. Each year she brings her mother (who is 90) to Bandon for a few days, because she loves it there. Said Huntsman did a good job as governor and is really smart (which is obvious is you listen to him talk). Bandon has so much peaceful, healing energy. Ok. Enough. Just so happy to know you took the time to post. I'll just keep checking back. Husband is reading DHWJ and I got my copy of "Rainbow Pie" but not ready to dive into it yet. Take care.

    ReplyDelete