Friday, September 12, 2014

Ebola

Short post today just to express my opinion.

Africa is lost.  To save our civilization I feel we must stop ALL migration of EVERY animal, including humans, from leaving the continent today.  All commerce of every good that leaves the continent must be stopped at once.  We must completely cease all physical contact with the continent.  Digital communication and air drops of needed supplies can be safely arranged but are probably useless.

The weakest point of such a barricade is the Suez canal.  We can hope the Sahara desert will protect northern Africa but still I suggest concentrating at least one million men on the eastern side to repel EVERY moving thing.  NOTHING must leave the continent.  Next weakest point is Gibraltar, followed by the ninety or so mile gap between Tunis and Sicily.  A naval presence large enough to stop all waterborne traffic must be deployed.

We must act today to get troops and vessels in place.

I hope this record survives what I fear is our inability as a species to act with coordination, purpose and determination in a timely manner.  

2 comments:

  1. Jeez, Forrest, this seems a bit severe, not to mention an over-reaction. This illness has been dealt with before. Ditto with AIDS which also seemed to originate there. How can you mention "saving our civilization" in the same breath as cutting off all contact with a continent that has a large segment of that civilization? We are as strong as our weakest link, and Africa is certainly a week link. But what about the Middle East which gobbles up our resources like some insatiable beast? We are too far into living "globally" to sever such an important element, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ! I know this sounds really radical - so did my suggestion on May1, 2011 (this side of the date line - the other side was May 2)

    Every now and again I hit the nail on the head. Hindsight should show I knocked it out of the park back then and I hope beyond belief I struck out this time. I'm afraid this is another home run.

    ReplyDelete